Answered By: Sharon Whitfield Last Updated: Oct 11, 2016 Views: 7
In order for this to work, all parties must have EndNote installed.
To begin, you should send the whole supporting EndNote library along with the Word document. To do this, compress the library by following the directions below:
- Click on the File tab at the top, select Compressed Library, and choose Create (or Create & Email)
- Choose to Send with or without attachments (the pdfs, figures, etc.)
- Choose to Send All the References in the Library
- Click on Next, and save the .enlx file with your other EndNote libraries
- Send the .enlx file along with the Word document to your colleague.
Within EndNote, the recipient should open the .enlx file by clicking on the File Tab, and click Open. They can then add records to the library (and document).When finished editing, the recipient will need to compress the library and send it back to you.