Answered By: Benjamin Saracco Last Updated: Aug 09, 2017 Views: 2968
Follow the Directions below to add a custom field:
1. Choose "Edit...Preferences"
2. Select "Reference Types" then choose the "Modify Reference Types" button.
3. Scroll down in the table of reference types, until you see the Generic
name of the Custom field on the left column (i.e., "Custom 1," "Custom 2").
4. Type in the name of the Custom field across that entire row to ensure you
are adding it to all reference types. (Note that you can call the Custom
field anything you want (i.e., "Special Notes") but remember that when
searching or sorting, EndNote will use the generic name "Custom 1" or
"Custom 2," etc. for that field).
5. Click OK to save you Reference Types.
6. Click OK again to save your Preferences.